Date(s) - 23/04/2014
14:00 - 17:00
Philipsburg Jubilee Library
There are 15 spaces of 15 available.
Children will learn the basics about internet safety and how to be good digital citizens when using the computer through many activities, using songs, stories, slide shows, and games. By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
• Define internet safety terms and record them on a worksheet.
• Lookup the definition of terms using an online dictionary
• Make distinctions between right and wrong online behavior.
• Search the internet effectively and safely.
• Explain the golden rule and how to be a good digital citizen.
A child is exposed to potential danger with every click when surfing the World Wide Web. Children should learn that the internet is fun, however they should always be cautious when online. This workshop will teach them the basics of safe behavior and proper netiquette when using the internet to become good digital citizens.
Workshop Length: 3 hours Prerequisite: None
Optional Pre-Session Readings:
The Piano and Laylee Learning Adventures Series –
• Piano and Laylee Go Online
• Piano and Laylee Text Message
• Piano and Laylee and the Cyber bully
• Piano and Laylee Help a Copycat Become a Creative Cat
• Piano and Laylee Learn About Acceptable Use Policy
REGISTER?Register below and receive an email with a confirmation.
This workshop is full, unfortunately we cannot accept any more reservations